Friday, July 2, 2010

Manila Machine - Calabasas, CA

Gourmet specialty food trucks are all the rage in Southern California and I vowed I would never wait in a long line again for a truck, but for the Manila Machine - well I had to to at least show some pride and support for Filipinos!!!
I was weary of trying anything on the truck. I mean, at the end of the day, Filipino food is such a scarce commodity on a commercial scale that it is easy to just love your mom or auntie's versions that to try any other is like a sin. But I have to say, what they got on that truck is worth trying!
The classic and most well known and beloved dish is chicken adobo as shown above. The Manila Machine's version is tender and well flavored but as many reviews have noted - not vinegary enough.
Sisig, shown above, is a pork dish made up of pork parts like pig's head and liver and usually seasoned with kalamansi (the little yellow fruit gives extra sour taste) and chili peppers.



No comments:

Post a Comment